The Onion at A lot of Layers presented me with this gem! A list of things that she cannot live without! I love it and it made me laugh. I hope you all enjoy and don’t forget to check her out when you’re done!
1. Chapstick – every day, several times a day. No fancy-shmancy stuff. We are talking the WAXY tube of CHAPSTICK. It goes on like rubber cement. My Dad called it “lip-ice”, which makes me smile. I miss him fondly when I shmear mine on.
3. Caffeine – This post brought to you by Starbucks.
4. Fingernail Clippers – Go ahead and think this is stupid. But have a snaggy nail for a day or two, try to “file” it off on your jeans and then you will be on board.
5. Tampons – girls you know of what I speak. These changed the world for women in bathing suit season everywhere.
6. DVR – I could get rid of all extra channels so long as I could tape the few measly ones I had to watch at my leisure. And fast forward through commercials.
7. The purselet – It’s my purse’s baby. It fits on your shoulder and carries credit cards, cash, a lipstick and a gun (just kidding). The purselet - because sometimes a purse is just too much to lug around.
8. High thread count sheets – they are THAT good. Like buttah. You’ll inevitably forget to throw them in the dryer and you’ll stand there and WAIT for them to dry instead of putting on the others. Yes, you will. Soofffttt.
9. The Daily Newspaper – It’s a rag. It’s local hokey, not a USA today. It’s too thin and not always fair and balanced..or accurate. It also has spelling errors. Yet I will walk through FIRE to get to it each and every evening. Don’t touch it before I have read it, or mess up the pages or I will chop your arm off.
10. The Crackberry – Even with my blackberry injury, I am still overusing it. I can’t stop. I need a 12-step program. I’m looking one up right now…on my blackberry.