Well I took Bowen to the vet this morning and can't pick him up until 5. Most depressing thing ever. I was afraid he'd cry and panic when I left, but he just went with the vet like it was just another ordinary day. He didn't even say goodbye to me.
I almost had to pull over TWICE on the way there to puke because I was so nervous. I didn't sleep at all and Boyfriend kept telling me to calm down, but I couldn't. What's it going to be like when I have kids? I remember when I was young the stupid, yet fun things I use to do. I could have gotten hurt a lot. Luckily I didn't, but will my kids?
But all of this got me thinking about some stuff I used to do that wasn't always dangerous, but...well...just see for yourself.
1. My BFF used to blindfold me in the car, drive for miles and miles, pull over, hand me the keys and then tell me to find my way home. Sometimes it would take me hours before I could figure out where I was. Those were the days before gas cost you an arm and a leg.
2. Right down the road from where I grew up was a sand quarry that had been turned into a race track for dirt bikes, four wheelers, or whatever floated your boat. Everyone I knew owned four wheelers. We would get on our four wheelers in the morning with a case of beer attached and not come home until we needed more beer. Then we'd go out again. I would go days without eating.
3. I think I've mentioned this before, but right across the road from my house was a huge cornfield. All the neighborhood kids would wait until DARK and then play hide and seek in the damn thing. Only the seeker was allowed a flash light.
4. When no one was home, my siblings and I would push the trampoline right next to the pool and jump in. This happened until my little sister hit the side of the pool because she didn't jump high enough.
5. My sister and I had snuck a cigarette from my mom once and before she got home from work, we smoked it. Then my sister dumped the ash tray in the garbage. A few minutes later, I was sitting at the computer and smelled smoke. I turned around to see that the trash can was on fire. I picked it up, threw it in the bathtub and turned on the water. We opened all of the windows and aired out the smoke. A couple hours later my mom walked in the house and said, "What did you burn?" Busted.
6. We used to tie a rope to a four wheeler and then attach a sled or tube. One person would pull us around in the snow going as fast as we could. It was awesome until you flew off.
What are some things you did when you were young? Things that you wouldn't want your kids ever doing perhaps?
P.S. Dad if you're reading this...it was all Big Sis and Little Sis. I was innocent.