Thursday, March 3, 2011

Giggle, Wiggle, and Jiggle

I got a package in the mail yesterday. 

(I lost Twilight in the move and HAD to replace it)
I ordered these from Amazon a while ago, mostly to get the new Maximum Ride book (Angel) and they finally came in. I had kinda forgotten about them, but I was sooo excited when I opened them. I'm already halfway finished with Angel.

Ok, that was totally off subject. Anyways.... last week I asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up.

 48% of you wanted to be a teacher and absolutely no one wanted to be an Astronaut. Also, 20% of you actually became what you wanted to and that is awesome! I wanted to be a Zoo Keeper when I was younger. And then a vet. And then a teacher. And then a lawyer. Pretty big change, huh?

According to a survey on Forbes, the number one career choice for 5 year olds is Superhero. Why in the hell didn't I put that on the list??

Anywho, Hed won the Giggle Button trivia this week by correctly answer the question What do Homer Simpson and Elvis have it common? There were a lot of great guesses *cough* Mrs. Hyde *cough* but the answer I was looking for was that they both had a daughter named Lisa Marie. Congrats, Hed! Everyone go check out who she picked for the Giggle Button. It's a new one for me!

Weekly recommendation this week goes to a new blog I've stumbled upon but am loving already. She makes me laugh and she's terribly cute. Go check her out!

FACS Teacher Jenna

And last but not least, I believe I am going to take a break from the weekly Giggle, Wiggle and Jiggle. I am going to start linking up with Meg on Fridays for the handwritten notes and I do Wee Bit Wednesdays. I have also been seriously slacking with weekend posts so I need to make room for actual posting. I will probably still do the trivia because I like letting my readers pick who goes on the Giggle Button, but no more polls for now.

Have a happy Thursday!

12 comments:

Amy said...

I bet if you had a poll of whether you should continue to do polls 100% would say yes ;)

I think it makes your blog unique!

Anywho... just my two cents :)


I love Amazon shipments... I don't own any of the Twilight books I borrowed them all to read... and that makes me kind of sad because I would proudly display them on the shelf :)

Anonymous said...

You have to let me know what you think of James Patterson's Witch and Wizard. I haven't read the sequel because I was only so-so on the book. I'd love to know what somebody else thought about it though.

I love book deliveries...but mine go straight to my Nook :)

Oilfield Trash said...

I never thought Elvis and Homer had anything in common other than being over weight.

PencilGirl said...

I love packages! :D I don't really get a lot of them, though... :\

I have an award for you over at my place. Please do accept it.. :) :)

steph c said...

Have you not read Twilight yet? The books are super good - haven't really gotten into the movies, but that's ok. Books are always better.

I hope you bring back the polls soon :) I love em! ((Although I wanted to be a dancer when I was younger.. heck I still do.. and there was no choice for that!))

Rebecca said...

i love getting new books

Tress said...

@Amy- Aw thanks! hopefully they won't be away for too long!

@Jewels- Will do! I love me some James Patterson!!

@OT- LOL Well you learn something new every day huh?

@Pencil- Thank you!! That's very nice of you!

@Steph C- Oh yes, I've read them, three times. But i lost Twilight in the move and I can't have the collection without the first book. My bookshelf looked weird without it:)

@Becca- ME TOO!!

Dr. McCoy said...

Hey...I like the polls. I want to know what you think of your new books, too. I was in my fave bookstore the other day when they had a big shipment. I had to leave before I bought every book in sight.

caterpillar said...

Weeeeeee....the feeling when you get packages...and to know those are all books........nice...

that guy said...

i think i was the 1 vote for president but i am still working on that...

BTW- you won my music contest so i will need you to email me at:

askevilbruce@gmail.com

with your snail mail soZ i can send you your discs...

BB said...

James Patterson is the MAN. My #1 author of all time. Good choice. I'm way behind on his reading though. I fall asleep after about 2 pages because of the meds I take. haha. Hugs JM!!!!!

Nicki said...

I wanted to be a vet until I got invited to a spaying operation as part of the gifted program. NOPE. Nope, not for me.