Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Saved by the Boyfriend

Wow. I got some really great responses on my last post and I want to thank you all. I feel much better about the situation now. I'll be there for her through whatever happens. I've told her how I feel and the last thing I want to do it make her doubt herself and I have no intention of ruining a happy relationship.

Now onto other things...

I have some really important people at the office today. They are actually sitting in the other room while I'm sitting here blogging and waiting for them to come out.

Ok, I'm not THAT bad.
I bought a new professional looking jacket for the occassion. I am horrible with fashion. I literally call my sister of BFF once a week to ask them if something matches. They often tell me no. So last night, while picking out my outfit for today, I asked Boyfriend what color shirt I should wear under the gray jacket.

I wanted to wear red but he said wearing red would make me look like a hooker and said it would stand out too much.

"But I want to stand out." I confessed.

"Not in a business setting."

"Why? Important people like an attractive woman just as well as unimportant people."

Boyfriend sighed and pulled out a black cami. "Try this."

I put it on and while underwhelming, it looked fine.

So this morning while we were getting ready, I put the finishing touches on my outfit and asked how I looked.

"You look very professional, and your boobs look nice."

I smiled big and thanked him.

I put my new high heels on and took the dog out only to discover that it had snowed about five inches. There was no way I was going to wear the heels.

So I put my ugly winter boots on with the intention of changing when I got to the office, grabbed my keys and out the door I went. Halfway to work, I realized I had left the heels.

Turning around would make me late. Ugly shoes trumped being late.

I got to work on time, made a cup of coffee, sat down, turned on my computer and in walked Boyfriend. Holding my shoes AND my iPad that I hadn't even realized I had forgotten.



Trivia question time!!! As always, first to answer chooses who goes on the Giggle Button this week!

What was the relationship between Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia?

22 comments:

Bubbles said...

A true knight... how sweet. I did write a longer comment but my blogger is playing up... grrr...

Lyndylou said...

brother and sister???

Lyndylou said...

Oh and how cool is boyfriend to bring you your shoes!!! You are reeallllyyyy loved :)

Jared said...

First off Luke and Leia are siblings!! I'm so proud I know that for some reason!! Next This was an awesome post. It's totally cool that your BF is there for you like that.

Interestingly enough I just wrote a post about my alleged "BF" whom is actually just my best friend Shane..He's not quite so reliable..He once drove us 4 states over to go camping and didn't bring a tent... Anyway this post is about his totally rational fear of being raped by dolphins! Check it Out!

http://whatwouldjareddo.blogspot.com

Jared said...

Oh damn I missed it cuz i typed too long :( oh well better mbe next time!

Meg O. said...

What a great boyfriend! He definitely saved you!

Danger Boy said...

+129 Boyfriend Points!

Anonymous said...

Awww - that is super sweet!

Oilfield Trash said...

Good for the boyfriend.

And they were twins who shared an awkward kiss moment in Empire.

BB said...

Again I say to you, he is a KEEPER! How sweet.

Nicki said...

Boyfriend of the Year Award?
BOYFRIEND OF THE YEAR AWARD.

On My Soapbox said...

What an awesome boyfriend!

Chief aka Dad http://unsoundreasoning.blogspot.com said...

BF has a punch in the head coming because he knows you have boobs..... -130 points :-)

Copyboy said...

Bro & Sis. Yeah, I think the biz world is all about the plain janes. Anything pretty scares the lawyers.

steph c said...

Aw so sweet! He's a keeper ;))

Ms Jenna said...

I dream of having a boyfriend so thoughtful! Also, they were twins, and they kiss, and I now vomit.

Rebecca said...

way to go boyfriend JM's hero

hed said...

How sweet is he???

hed hed above water

Alessandra said...

The boyfriend scored some major points. Maybe red is too forward for business, but it sure gets you noticed.

not displayed said...

save red for the work dinner. Boyfriend is awesome and I think I will never be in time to get the giggle button. Oh well

Tress said...

Thanks everyone! He is pretty sweet most of the time :) sorry dad! LOL! And lyndylou, you won it! Email me at jumblemash@gmail.com to let me know who you'd like to see on the Giggle Button!

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend deserves some loving haha. You got yourself a good one there JM!

The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps