Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Giant Gummi Bear! I must have one.




I absolutely must have one of these. I mean, come on, it's a giant freaking Gummi Bear! And it doubles as a light! They are 7" high by 4" wide and weigh about 3 1/2 pounds.

Naturally, as soon as I saw this, I ran into the kitchen where my boyfriend was making french toast (at 8 p.m. might I add). I grabbed his hand and was like, "Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?"

Then we both looked down at our intertwined hands as I realized that his hand had been covered in french toast goop, which I believe is egg and some other crap, but I don't cook so I could be wrong. But, that's beside the point.

Boyfriend: "What are you so excited about?"

Me: "I have found my birthday present!"

Boyfriend: "Your birthday is in December."

Me: "Nah, I changed it to August. So from now on, my birthday is August 1st."

Boyfriend: "Why August 1st?"

Me: "Well, that gives you enough time to get my present overnighted, then you must wrap it, but you don't have to get me a card."

Boyfriend: "I don't think you can actually change your birthday."

Me: "But-but, I must have a giant Gummi Bear."

Boyfriend: {stops his french toast preparations} "You want a giant Gummi Bear?"

Me: "Yes, come see!"

So I proceed to show him the pictures.



And I'm all like, "Look! They even light up!"


Surprisingly, he actually took the time to sit down and look at them. And even more surprisingly, he thought that they were pretty awesome, too! I was practically vibrating with excitement. And then, he looked at the price.



Boyfriend: "Holy shit! $125 for a Gummi Bear?"

Me: "A giant Gummi Bear."

Boyfriend: "Wouldn't you rather have something more practical? Maybe something you'll actually use?"

Me: {looks at picture of the Gummi Bears, looks at boyfriend, then back at the Gummi Bears} "Not really."

Boyfriend: "You are such a weirdo, sometimes."

Then he went back to making his french toast. At 8 p.m. And I'm the weirdo? But I do think I broke him down. If I don't get one of these for my birthday, I will try for Christmas. Who knows, I may be over it by then, because a month ago, I wanted this for my birthday.








P.S. You should know, I have a huge problem spending money on myself, so that's why I won't buy the giant Gummi Bear and/or shirt myself. These useless things have to be presents or I'll never own them.

3 comments:

Effy said...

I do this all the time and it drives my boyfriend crazy.

Me: OMG BUY ME THIS PLEASE I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER ITS SO AWESOME AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOW

Him: That's what you said about _________ last week and then got bored and didn't want it anymore. How about you wait a few days and if you still really want it that much you can buy it yourself.

Me: But I want it NOOOOOOOOOW :( ...and not with my own money!! :(

*a week later*

Me: I'm sorry, you were right :(

Him: I know :)


....and then repeat a few days later with something new

Tress said...

OMG Effy, I think we are the same person. LOL. Weirrrrrd.

Ahem, anyways. Thanks for following me! I have a whole three followers now. Woo hoo! How's your foot?

Effy said...

Seriously! I like this, I feel slightly less insane when I'm not the only one :P

No problem, thanks for following me as well. I have a grand total of....just you :P
And my foot's still sore but I'm not completely unable to walk, so I proclaim this a victory.