Sunday, September 26, 2010

5 Things That Drive Me Crazy: Roommate Edition

This is a little late...but I've been busy. Apartment hunting mostly, which is what inspired this post. I also wanted to dedicate this to Molly who is searching for a roommate.




1. Leaving laundry in the washer and dryer- I wash clothes once a week. Mostly because that's all I have time for. Every single time in the two years that I have lived in my apartment, the washer and dryer are full when I go to start my laundry. Which means, I have to do someone else's laundry just to get to mine. It has been discussed many, many times and it never changes.

2. Parking- Parking is limited at my apartment. Therefore, when my roommates have guests over, my parking spot usually gets taken. I am the last one to arrive home from work in the evenings and I usually have to park across the street. Then I have to carry everything I have across heavy traffic. It truly sucks.

3. Unknown guests- I just L-O-V-E it when I'm sitting in my pajamas and stuffing my face with some cookies and a random stranger walks in. Like come on....how hard is it to let me know when we are having company?

4.Other people's undies- I have three roommates. It was just two until about a month or so ago, but now there are four people living in my apartment and Boyfriend is here all the time. So basically 5 and one dog. It is totally gross and embarrassing when I walk into the bathroom and find a pair of panties or boxers laying on the floor. Especially when I have a guest over. I'm sure boyfriend really loves seeing a pair of boxers that aren't his on my bathroom floor. (I was going to name this category 'Other People's Personal Items,' but when I find an empty condom wrapper or something, it doesn't make me angry, it turns me into a private investigator. I just have to know who it belonged to and who was getting freaky in my house.)

5. Privacy- Four people under one roof does not equal privacy. The only reason this one is pretty low on my list is because I'm not really a private person. I walk through the apartment in just a towel and I'll tell just about anyone about my personal life. But it is pretty annoying when we have to vote about what to watch on TV. Or we have to ask everyone if they need in the bathroom before we go take a shower. It would be so nice just to walk into the bathroom and take a nice long hot bath without anyone pounding on the door because they have to pee.

6 comments:

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Oh so true to roomates! Nice of you to consider Molly in her time of need! I lived in a college dorm for two years with a shared bathroom for 16 girls. Let me tell ya I've seen it all when it comes to how gross girls can be, especially in a bathroom!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Tress said...

OMG! You totally win. 16 girls?? I would lose my mind. Girls are pretty hard to get a long with anyways.

Leigh said...

I don't have roommates, so I can't really relate. I don't count the hubs because he does what I tell him or he sleeps on the couch LOL.

Roberta said...

I know how you feel! I just posted a blog about apartment hunting because my housemates drive me insane! ahhh!

Nicki said...

Man, just throw that laundry on top of the dryer. Their fault for leaving it, right?

Tress said...

Somtimes I'm too nice for my own good. haha