Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cartoons

I rarely ever wake up early enough on a Saturday mornings to catch the cartoons, but every once in a while, I do...and they just aren't the same as they use to be. I don't even get most of them. But it does make me think about the good ol' days when I had no bills to pay, no laundry to do, and no dinner to cook. I didn't have to get up every morning and drag my butt to work. I didn't have to worry about what day it was or what time it was. Ah, to be a child again.

To celebrate my dearly missed childhood, I am going to share with you my favorite cartoons in the 90's. (In no particular order)


1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- TMNT are still cool to this day and for good reason. They kick freakin' butt. My favorite was Michelangelo. He was so far-out! (Cheesy, I know)

2. Animaniacs- I absolutely loved this cartoon! It always cracked me up with its wackiness and slapstick wit.


3. Doug- Oh I remember watching this show with my big sister all the time. Doug Funnie and Pattie Mayonnaise were the bomb.


4. Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers- What's not to love? Chipmunks are freakin cute and they were little detective heroes that had a nose for trouble.


5. Muppet Babies- So cute. Especially little Kermit. I loved their imaginations and little adventures they would go on until the Nanny would show up and bring them back to reality. I hated when the Nanny ruined it. But I so longed for that sense of wonder.

7. Captain Planet- I mostly just love the theme song and can still to this day remember it. Everybody now...Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero. No? Okay. If I could pick one, I would totally be Fire. No Wind. Okay, maybe Heart.


Oh, and all of the following are great too! How about you? What were your favorites?

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love how our train of thoughts are so similar all the time! We should be blogging BFFs!

Muppet Babies were my favorite, then as I got older I liked Doug, Gummi Bears, Captain Planet, etc. Cartoons were so much better back then!

Great post. :)

Tress said...

Ok...it's official...we are blogging BFFs. (BBFFs?)

I loved the Gummi Bears, too...bouncing here and there and everywhere. :)