Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Joys of Camping

The weekend was...fun.
As soon as we got to camp on Friday, I decided to go ahead and set the tent up. Well I quickly discovered that I forgotten the roof to my tent, which was really bad because the forecast was calling for rain. Boyfriend and I decided to use a ratty old tarp that we had as a makeshift roof and it seemed to work okay.

It was so scorching hot outside that it was pretty much impossible to do anything else except swim. But guess who forgot her swimsuit? This girl. That can't stop me though. I just borrowed a pair of Boyfriend's shorts and went in. The river was freezing cold but it felt great. Boyfriend cut his foot on a rock and now hates the river, but I still think it's pretty darn wonderful.


After swimming, I discovered that I forgot to pack an extra bra and my bra was now soaked. Then I yelled at Boyfriend and told him that I had forgotten so many things because he hadn't been a bit of help when I packed. But being the brainy guy that he is, told me to just take my bra off and let it dry by the fire. Sounded good to me. So we lit a fire and I sat my bra down on the rocks beside it. This is what we built the fire in...

Looks pretty harmless right? WRONG! This is a bra eating machine! Not even a half an hour after we lit the fire, I went to check on my bra and the straps were melted almost completely off! I didn't think the rocks would get that hot, but apparently, I'm not much of a thinker. I then proceeded to complain and Boyfriend came over to investigate. He picked up the bra and touched the melting straps, which wasn't one of his brightest moments. Needless to say, the straps were hot and he flung the bra into the air. The bra then landed up in a tree. I don't usually take a ladder camping, and this time was no exception. So the bra stayed.

That night we discovered that our makeshift tent roof didn't work at all. Every time the wind blew, the tarp smacked against the tent reminding me of the tent scene in the Blair Witch project. I was scared out of my mind. I kept waking Boyfriend up asking what that noise was. He told me about twenty times that it was just the tarp, but I was and still am convinced someone was trying to break in and steal our pillows. He thinks I watch too much T.V.

After only getting about an hour of sleep, I demanded we find a Wal Mart the next morning. Our trusty GPS took us about twenty minutes away from camp to a Wal Mart. We bought a new tent because we couldn't find a tarp big enough and I got a new bra. Yay! Then Boyfriend admitted that he wanted real food and not just junk food so we got some stuff to cook over the fire. And he didn't even pay up on the bet. He didn't even try to catch a fish!

Later that day, I got hit in the head with a birdie.


And got hit in the leg with a Ladderball ball. Both hurt a lot more than one would think.

Ladderball is like the funnest game ever BTW.


That night we drank some of my Sweet Tea Vodka and got pretty tipsy, which was a mistake. I swear I only thought beer would make one run to the bathroom five times an hour, but Sweet Tea Vodka and Lemonade works the same way. Once we went to bed, I got up seven times to pee! Which means, I had to find my shoes, unzip the tent which woke Boyfriend up every time, and then walk to the restrooms. In the middle of the night. With a pillow thief amongst us. I pretty much ran the whole way there and back.

Sunday was pretty uneventful except for packing up the car and heading home. We came home and showered the campfire smoke and dirt away and then didn't move off the couch until bed time. I had to go back to work today just to get some rest.


Bonus: Here is a pic of a really ugly dog that camped beside us.

And by ugly, I mean so ugly it's cute!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Sounds like an adventure. That sucks about your bra! P.S. I'm a total chicken at night in a tent too. That's why we stay in my dad's camper LOL. Fake Camping.

Tress said...

LOL I would have given up my right leg for a camper. Fake Camping all the way!

Anonymous said...

I wish my camping trips were that interesting...lol

Tress said...

Haha, I wouldn't wish that if I were you!