Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have discovered that I am easily peer pressured

I am 24 years old. 24 years old should not be peer pressured easily, right? Like, I should be grown up enough to tell my BFF that I do not want to stun myself with a stun gun. But I'm not. And I'm also not smart enough to tell her no when she gets a notion to go to the tattoo parlor.

We walked in, not even knowing why we were there exactly, but BFF happens to be in love with her tattoo artist so I'm pretty sure we were there to see him. They started chatting and I was watching some dude get a tattoo on his neck, when BFF said, "Ok, let's do it. How much for two?"

I spun around and looked at her. "Two what? Hot dogs?"

She laughed and told me they didn't sell hot dogs there and then informed me that we were getting piercings. BUT she said I could pick the place. How thoughtful of her.

My palms immediately started sweating and my heart started racing. I do not like needles. I mean, who does? The funny thing is though, I didn't even argue with her. I didn't protest at all. I just followed them back to the piercing room and started thinking about where I wanted a hole in my body.

BFF went first and decided to get her nose pierced. I almost had a heart attack just watching her go through it. He put these clamp type things on her nose and then shoved a huge needle through her nostril.


Needle

Clamps

Then he put in a little tiny diamond stud. She didn't even flinch. She got up from the table and ran to the mirror and was smiling like she had just won the lottery. Then she actually jumped up and down and hugged the tattoo artist. It actually looked really cute, so I was all, "Ok, that's what I want done, too."

I was still feeling extremely nervous, but a little confident. BFF didn't seem to be in any pain at all, so I thought I could handle it.

I was so terribly wrong. He shoved that freaking needle through my nostril and it hurt like Hell. There is no other feeling like cold steel going through your nostril! My eyes started watering (I was NOT crying, despite what they say) so bad the tattoo artist had to run out and grab me some tissues. Never again will I ever get anything pierced.

Moral of the story whole weekend....BFF's lie. Well, she is either a liar or strong like the Hulk. Either way, I am not listening to her anymore.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

LOL. Great story, but shame on you for not sticking up for yourself! JUST SAY NO (that doesn't only apply to men and drugs, you know).

Personally, I had my tongue pierced at 21, which wasn't so bad, but I let it close and then decided to get it repierced. THAT hurt like a biatch. Never again.

Tress said...

OMG I cannot even imagine getting my tongue done! I was almost just going to tell the dude to pierce my ears again, but I didn't want to seem like a wuss. LOL. But I give you a big YOU GO GIRL for getting your tongue stabbed TWICE!