Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I refuse to make any resolutions

I'm still not feeling very good. This has been one of the most draining stomach bug's I've ever had. I just can't seem to gain any energy. All I want to do is sleep and drink like 3 million gallons of liquids. I know I've kinda missed the whole New Year thing, but better late than never? Here is my New Year's post with links to some older Jumble Mash material.

2010 came and went more quickly than any year I can recall. It was here one minute and gone the next. A lot happened in 2010.


• I lost my grandmother.

• I lost friends, but made new ones.

• I met the love of my life.

• We moved in together.

• I had my gallbladder removed, which sucked big time.

• I learned new things.

• Met new people.

• Discovered that if I talked back to coworkers, they will stop asking me to do stupid things that they can do themselves.

• Learned more about myself.

• Went to Puerto Rico

• Went to the Virgin Islands

• Took a solid week off of work for the first time ever.

Camped along the river

• Discovered my fear of revolving doors.

• Saw standup comedy for the first time

Pierced my nose...then took it out.

• Jumble Mash was born.

• I made so many new bloggy friends and joined a community like no other.

So much has changed in the small amount of time that was 2010. I have changed, a lot. I like to think I’m wiser. I like to think I have learned what and who is important in life. I’m sure that will change, too by the end of this year, but for now, I’m happy. I’m happy with the person that I’ve become.

Looking back, I regret little. I can only imagine what 2011 has in store for me. I have so many plans. So many things to look forward to.  I refuse to make any resolutions, because I am not going to set myself up for even the smallest disappointment. How many people follow through with resolutions anyways?

P.S. For all you that like them so much...I tried to fit in some of my weird conversations, but couldn't make it work. So here they are as an after thought!

P.P.S. Don't forget about the trivia! First person to answer the question correctly chooses who goes on the Giggle Button for the week!

What 54-year old singer took everything off but her boots for a playboy cover?

26 comments:

Corey Wilkey said...

Nancy Sinatra! ha!

Corey Wilkey said...

lol but really, it sounds like you had such a great year! :) So glad that AD guest blogged here, so that I could follow you too!

Danger Boy said...

I am also refusing to resolve this year. I never follow through anyway. Instead, I'm just going to hope that 2011 takes me to some new and fun places.
Happy New Year!

steph c said...

Resolutions are silly. Does anyone ever really keep them?! I sure don't.

Sounds like a generally kickbutt year for you :) Hope 2011 is even better!

Anonymous said...

Just read your 2010 recap...and I have a comment! My tongue piercing was over so fast with the smallest of pinches that I asked the guy 2x if he was SURE it was over. Hahaha. Wish you'd gotten a picture of the nose ring!

This is the first year in awhile that I've made resolutions...and I made a tracking page on my blog to keep me honest about it. ;)

Happy 2011!!

Bubbles said...

I agree that 2010 went in a blink of an eye but its nice that you've got some good memories etc... from it.

I'm guessing Madonna.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Jumble. So sorry to hear that you're still feeling pretty rough. Hurry up and get well soon! I never make resolutions. Can't see the point of them. No-one ever keeps them anyway! You certainly did some exciting things in 2010. Hope 2011 turns out to be just as good for you.

Brittany said...

I am beyond thrilled that your blog was started :)

I have been a total mess lately when it comes to blogging, but I am coming back, slowly but surely!

I am having fun catching up with you..

but seriously.. START FEELING BETTER girlie! Rest, vitamin C, and McDonalds Cheese burgers.... errr.. wait.. the last one is only for hangovers :)))

MISSSSS YOUUUU :)))

Jess said...

So sorry to hear you are sick, Jumble! I am too, it blows!
Wow, you had a full 2010! I am glad you started JumbleMash as it is one of my favorite blogs!
Get well soon!
Jess

Tress said...

@Corey- Yay you got it right! Email me and let me know who you want to be on the Giggle Button! (jumblemash@gmail.com)

@Danger-Sounds like a damn good plan to me! Happy New Year to you as well!

@steph- It definitely was. Better than most years, I think.

@Sue- Seriously? OMG My nose hurt soo bad. I do have a few pics of me with it. I may have to post one soon.

@Bubbles- It was Nancy Sinatra! Good guess though!!

@Thisisme- Thank you! My boss asked me why I am not taking the day off of work and I told her that I don't wanna use vacation days for when I'm sick. Those are reserved for when I feel better:)

@Brittany- Hey stranger! I'm happy to hear that you are coming back! I've missed you!

Tress said...

@Jess- Awe thank you! I am glad we found each other as well!

BB said...

A good year for you indeed. The only thing I want to do in 2011 is write more of my book. It's not easy by a longshot. Hugs and get all better soon.

amchornetgirl said...

That's funny, I made my status on FB about how I wasn't making any resolutions!

Anonymous said...

Too late for the trivia, but thanks for letting me crash your blog. If you read my latest post you saw how tired I was and whatnot but I'm glad you're on the mend and I wish 2011 will be the best year yet for you!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

wow what a year and hope you feel better soon hugs

Happy Wife said...

I'm sorry to hear you're sick. I'm still technically a nurse so I am officially telling you to keep drinking all those fluids, then have some more fluids, and then take drugs. Lots of drugs. Not like crack. That would not help. I don't think. Legal, over the counters to help symptoms. Those kind of drugs. Save money and take generics. Same damn thing. REST and don't push yourself too hard, okay? Sending you all healthy and happy thoughts.

Lyndylou said...

Sounds like a very nasty bug you had! I don't normally make resolutions but a friend put me on the spot last year and I said that I would start to write....so hence the start of the blog.

Hope you feel better soon, the only way is up now :)

http://lyndlou-whocares.blogspot.com

not displayed said...

I am really happy you started this blog.
And you are right, this is an amazing community
Hugs

Dribble...

Secret Pleasures

twilightgazing said...

Resolutions have the potential to restrict what may happen during the year. And it's definitely time for you to start getting better, too many adventures for 2011 to start.

caterpillar said...

No resolutions for me either....Also, I lost my grandmom in 2010 and that seems to be the one thing that I come up with any time I think about the previous year. I hope you'll feel better soon...and good luck with 2011...

Anonymous said...

I don't do resolutions either... too easy to be disappointed. I am glad you started your blog, it is definitely one of my favs. Feel Better Soon!!

Amy said...

awww get well soon! I hope 2011 is everything 2010 was and more!! :)

FreeFlying said...

Oh, sweetie! What a crappy time to be laid out for so long. I'm sorry. Glad you're on the upswing, though. I think that should be your resolution. To get better. Then when it happens naturally over the next couple of days, you get to be a winner for the whole year!

Sandra said...

And you know what,you'll only get happier with the person you've become and will continue becoming. That's the best part of life...ok, cheesy...fast forward to next comment where hopefully someone will say something far more exciting!

Tress said...

Wow thank you guys for all the well wishes! I feel 100% better now! I blame all of you!

Leigh said...

I was going to wish you "feel better" wishes, but I see from your most recent comment that you're better. Yay!

2010 was a packed year for you, I'm glad so many good things came out of it. I'm glad you started JM because now I have a super-cool totally rad Blogging BFF! :P